We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

Hi All

Well it's almost that time of year again, and after reading other posts I haven't seen much info about Christmas Day celebrations in Chiang Mai... Anyone got any suggestions? I'm an Aussie living here (first Christmas here) and have family coming over to visit... We'd like to find somewhere doing a traditional Christmas lunch on the 25th (roast meats, etc) that doesn't charge an obscene price. Any suggestions for me to check out? Places to avoid? Your feedback is appreciated!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

What about going to The Riverside for restaurant :P but for traditional Christmas I don't know.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

Any hotel or western style restaurant or pub will have some kind of xmas spread, but don't expect too much as its not a holiday in Thailand.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

Thanks bbtony for your quick reply. I was aware most of the western style places do a Christmas lunch, just wondered if anyone had any specific suggestions to check as there are a lot of hotels around!

I've heard Duke's is good, going to check that out.. Anywhere else (hotel names, etc) worth a look? Any feedback is appreciated, once again. Cheers!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

Hi there - what did you end up doing for Christmas. We will be in CM for a couple of weeks over Christmas this year so would be interested in finding out what is happening over there.

thanks

Gail

Chiang Mai
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

Either The Duke's or Billy Restaurant. I usually go to Billy on Christmas Eve, but he has the same/same on Christmas Day too. The Duke's has a fantastic assortment of items to choose from on Christmas Day- and if you come from a passport country that celebrates Thanksgiving (as I do) both do the traditional turkey day meal. Both are so much better than the "standard fare" you would get at one of the hotel Christmas dinners IMHO. Marie (nannyre)

melbourne
Level Contributor
14 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

hi ,the Irish hotel ,,omallys in the night bazarr, its great.

7. Re: Christmas Day in Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:16