We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Chiang Mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in Chiang Mai

we are going there in August , where should we stay , close ,clean ,4 star plus , And book before we go or just turn up for a better deal as it is there low season

regards Len

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai is a city that is easy to get around so you just have to decide if you want to be near the river, night market or old city, then let us know what price range you are looking at and if you want a small traditional B&B or a hotel etc. So many places to stay there. I would personally go for a smaller B&B but that's just me!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in Chiang Mai

August can be a busy month, so I would book at least the first night and then see how how you go if you want to be flexible, although I would tend to book all my nights prior to going.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in Chiang Mai

August can be busy but still low season, no worry :) If you want to stay in the city i suggest you the Nimmanhaemin Area; Restaurant, Boutique, non touristic area. Enjoy !

usa
Level Contributor
405 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in Chiang Mai

what 3 -4 star hotels is close to night market, restaurants in chiang mai?

thanks for any suggestions.

5. Re: where to stay in Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 08:16