We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
L D
Paris, France
1 post
Save Topic
"Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

Hi, has anyone used this travel agency before? They seem to have good tours like this one bonvoyagethailand.com/chiang-mai-tours/chian… but I don't seem to find any reviews on this company.

I'd be grateful if anyone that may have used them could comment, many thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

I am planning a trip there as well and came across the same agency. Any info anyone has on this agency would be greatly appreciated.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

Haven't dealt with them, but from their website, it seems they sell other companies' tours, same as most "tour shops" and "travel agencies" in CM.

London, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

It smelled like a rip off and I decided to cancel it (without receiving any refund). I booked the 1 day tour and expected (according to the description from the website) the standard combination: 1 h elephant ride, 2 hrs jungle trekking (main reason why I had chosen it) and bamboo rafting. That morning I woke up hill and did not know whether joining the group or not (I wanted to ask the guide for advises). The guide came to pick me up and he turned out to have very limited English (literally, few broken words); hence it was impossible to communicate (I wanted to be drop off at Boots for buying some tablets). I decided to go anyway, and they drove me to the "office". Nobody gave me any sort of information. In addition, the other guy in the group (we were only two) told me that he was supposed to do bike trekking and tribe village, so a different program than mine ! Did not sound very professional at all...NOT RECOMMENDED

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

HI L D, I did 2 trip with Bon Voyage Thailand it's not a rip off :), they have an office and they are very useful and have great service.

I definitely recommend this company also they have a great tour during November for Loy Kratong Festival with a fantastic tour guide who explain you all the details of this wonderful festival and also make you discover local food , they have french and english tour guide.

Have fun in Thailand

Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

They're good! I did a tour with them today to Doi Suthep and Doi Pui village. We picked up at airport n had a half day private tour right away. Eventhough the english speaking guide not very fluent but it considered as good enough for Thais and pretty much understandable. The tour guide told us about the city n some history like common agent do. I think it's recommended! :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

We used them in December 2013 for several tours - local city walk, river boat ride, half day to visit hill tribe, half day to visit elephant reserve, and kantoke dinner (traditional northern food and live show). While the website is good, the information quite clear, the price is reasonable, and the staff was quick to answer questions via "chat" online, we were confused and even left hanging on the ground. Each of these tours is basically a a collection of seats sold by various vendors. Except for the city walk which was a private tour for us two and done by the company staff, all others were farmed out. So each time a different person comes to pick us up, each checking to see if we have paid. That's all fine but it really should disorganization. And the staff never texted or left message for us via email or at our hotel about what company or person will pick us up. And for the kantoke dinner, we were basically forgotten. For 1.5 hours we sat waiting when pick up should be 6.00-6.30pm. After several calls, the company sent a driver and took us to the venue. By that time, dinner was almost finished and the show had another 20 min left. That was simply ridiculous. And not even a word to apologize. We definitely had fun overall but so disorganized so don't be fooled by the website or even words from the staff.

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

Hi ! I'm planning to use this company for an elephant training day. But they don't say which company they are using to do it, and I'd rather pay more and be sure that the elephant are well taking care of.

Have you ever booked it ?

bonvoyagethailand.com/visiter-chiang-mai/une…

Thank you

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

Was at Chiang Mai in May 2014 for 4 days, we used Bon Voyage to organize the schedule and logistic for our private tours. (ie Doi Suthep, MonCham). We will definitely book with them again.

Highly recommend them for private tours. Tass the proprietor cum manager provided us with very personalized service and was ever so helpful. Their private tour rates were fair & reasonable.

We had a rough idea of places we wanted to visit - sightseeing, nightlife and different cuisine/restaurant to try. They were able to fine-tuned and made suggestions catering to our requirement. We were impressed when Tass was able to shuffle different personnel for us when we mentioned we were not comfortable with the guide who picked us up from the airport. She was happy to accommodate us and very understanding about it.

Albeit the company also does coach share and join group tours with other agents which are probably cheaper, but we were a group of 4 whom prefer our tours and sightseeing more relaxing and 'leisurely paced'. It can be expected when tours are organised on coach shared / joined group basis there may be unpleasant scenarios - something we rather avoid during our holidays.

Highly recommended for private tours, speak with/email Tass directly. As with the guides' English proficiency, it was fine with us - understandably since English is not their native language. Besides English, we were informed they also provide tours in French.

Poulsbo Wa.
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

Why would you comment on an agency you have not delt with. This type of review is a waste of time for travelers who are seeking real information.

10. Re: "Bon voyage Thailand" travel agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2016, 04:35