We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

Nan Province...
Level Contributor
530 posts
332 reviews
Save Topic
JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

I am just back from a wonderful 8-days trip in Northern Thailand. I started in Chiang Mai to visit some old friends (stayed at Wang Burapa Hotel) and after 2 days I travelled to the wonderful area of Chiang Dao. The mountainous area there is really breathtaking and as it was Chinese New Year there were colourful happenings everywhere. Yes, even after 30 to 40 years the Chinese influcend is great here.

I travelled along the Thai - Burmese border area and did find a total change of culture of Burmese decent. Beautiful temples and friendly people. And as always beautiful views of the landscape. I ended the day at "Doi Ang Khang" with the beautiful Royal Flower Projects. I stayed at "Doi Ang Khang Villa" along the hills of the small village. Very early in the morning I watched the sunrise at the view-point about 6km before the village. At Tha Ton, where you can take the boat to Chiang Rai, I had a great breakfast at "Tha Ton Hill Resort". Good breakfast, friendly staff and great view over the valley of Tha Ton.

I travelled to Chiang Rai via Mae Salong (wow it even has an 7-11 now!). Still after so many years the signs are still in Chinese. I did visit the "Chinese Martyr Memorial Museum" to learn more about the history of this area. It is an amazing area, full of culture and history.

See my full trip-report at …blogspot.com/2013/02/motorbike-trip-loop-no…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

What a fabulous blog, thanks and the photos are great too.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

Hi Chang,

What a wonderful blog, wonderful pictures, wonderful descriptions and a wonderful encouragement for us all to visit the various places you have covered.

You ought to be the ambassador for any tourism board. And you must be a professional photographer to boot.

Thanks a million.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 14:55
Nan Province...
Level Contributor
530 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

Hahahha you are too kind Sir.

Most of the photos are made with a simple smartphone while I sit on my motorbike, as I am too lazy to get off the bike and make better photos.

But indeed it's a beautiful world out there!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

I agree, what a fantastic blog and the photos are beautiful:)

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

I loved reading your blog. Thank you for posting.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful journey and your fabulous photographs. It's currently a cold morning in London and oh how I long to be back in Northern Thailand (Only about 9 weeks to wait). Thank you again ChangNoi Stunning!!!!

queensland
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

Many thanks for posting ChangNoi1 - makes me wish I could ride a motorbike!!!!! so nice to see the pic of Thaton - really enjoyed that town

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

Thank you ChangNoi1,

I also loved your blog, the photos are amazing!

Kind of like an old Route 66 trip,but in Thailand, we love the old roads

that show how things used to be.

Maz.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

ChangNoi1... I would have loved to make a trip like that... not including the bad roads, of course! Lovely photos and great windy roads for a bike... Loved reading about your journey. Thanks for sharing it!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR : Chiang Mai & Doi Ang Khang

Great blog add a follow button so people can follow your blog.