We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Day Tours Available in Chiang Mai?

Level Contributor
623 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Group Day Tours Available in Chiang Mai?

I recently visited Vietnam and Cambodia where I did some group tours in a mini-van that included a tour guide, booked through the hotels I was staying at, for a very reasonable fee.

Do they have this type of arrangement in Chiang Mai? If so, can you suggest any reasonably tour company you used/know about for daytrips in Chiang Ma?

Being a female sola traveller, I prefer doing a group tour to booking a car and driver. This way I get to meet other travellers and it is also less expensive.

I look forward to your suggestions/advice and thank you in advance.

US
Level Contributor
309 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group Day Tours Available in Chiang Mai?

There are agencies and tours can be booked through hotels/hotel tour desk. I booked one group tour through hotels2thailand.com which offered a good price (cheaper than our hotel tour price). We were happy with it. It was a minivan of ~10-12 ppl. Not sure how it compares to agencies in town as we prebooked everything. Cooking classes are group classes and many offer free pick up and drop off too. Can be booked direct through the school usually, not sure if they are offered through agencies.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 20:55
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Group Day Tours Available in Chiang Mai?

There are small travel agents all over town where you can organise a group tour. You won't have any problem finding one. Yes, many hotels offer tour services as well.

The other option is to book your own guide/driver. There is a list of registered guides in the FAQ top right of this page. These are all highly recommended guides who will look after you well.

All the best,

Caroline.

Level Contributor
623 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group Day Tours Available in Chiang Mai?

Thank you chatterbox and caroline for your replies. I am glad to read that they have the group tours available in Chiang Mai.

4. Re: Group Day Tours Available in Chiang Mai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 05:15