We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

I will be spending three weeks in CM on 01/05/2014 .

Looking for some ideas like classes and short out of town trips . My interests - photography , ceramic , printing , yoga and cooking.

Thanks

Bilha .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

stay at Bamboo Nest for at least 2 nights.Free pick up and a fabulous experience.

2. Re: What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2013, 10:35
Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

Have a look at Top questions about Chiang Mai on the right side of this page. You will get lots of ideas from there. There are so many things to do in and around CM. You could also do a side trip up to Chiang Rai for a few nights.

Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

Giving suggestions as if you had never been here.

Full day temple tour, hire out a tuktuk, red truck, scooter for the day and Hit Doi Suthep, Wat Umong, Jed Yot, Suan Dok, all the temples within the moat.

A few days in Chang Dao, relax at the Nest.

A few days in Chiang Rai and check out Wat Rong Khun, the white temple

Head down to Lampang to the Thai Elephant Conservation Center

Monday afternoon/evening monk Chat at Wat Suan Dok

Saturday walking street on Wu Lai road and Sunday Walking street, arrive at 5pmish if you hate being crushed!

A motorcycle ride along the Samoeng loop if you feel confident on a scooter

A rafting ride out in Mae Wang

My Thai friend teaches pottery classes, and my coworker loves them Google "in clay studio pottery"

I can also recommend Wild Rose and Yoga tree for yoga

Catch some fun music at Riverside, Good View, or North Gate. The first two can run out of tables, floor space quickly!

I haven't ever tried a cooking class here, but I bet if you did ceramics, cooking, and the few day jaunts away from CM, then all the little daily things like seeing markets, temples, etc would fill in the rest and round it all out.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

i would spend a week a the chiang mai school of batik; went for 2 days last year and would love to go back for

another hit, but longer! My husband loves to enrol at his tai chi class whenever he can; usually this runs for 8 days and is offered twice a month; however, next year it is for 10 days and offered once a month on the 16th.

Agree with most suggestions above; do try and book the 2 night programme at TECC in Lampang, and a cooking course. The nest in chiang dao is nice, but beware the trekking. we did a 2 night trek and it was far too difficult for us (but if you are fit perhaps it would be enjoyable!)

you can't go wrong in chiang mai.

6. Re: What would you do if you could spend Three weeks in CM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:16