We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheelchair at airport?

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
937 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
wheelchair at airport?

Re my wifes disability and being our first trip to chiang mai I was wondering would we need to arrange a wheelchair on arrival? we are flying air asia and always arrange one at k/l lcct due to distance between aircraft and terminal and changi due to size of terminal, we did not use any recently at kota kinabalu and kuching, do air asia use aerobridges at chiang mai or do you have to walk down steps from plane and walk across the tarmac? many thanks.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wheelchair at airport?

They usually use airbridges at Chiang Mai, and there is an escalator down to the ground floor baggage area and exit.

Reasonably small airport - think of Cairns airport rather than Brisbane, for example.

Wheelchair is available, but if needed I think they could provide one immediately, and not need to book.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
516 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wheelchair at airport?

I'm sure if you notify the staff at check-in at the departure airport, they can arrange to have one waiting for you when you land. But as Yonni said, CNX is a fairly small airport and you may not need it.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wheelchair at airport?

Hi,

CNX is a full service international airport, as such, most of the flights use a transitional jet-bridge for boarding-- however for a variety of reasons like scheduling or carrier choice, a remote stand may be used.

In those cases there is ground equipment available to move those who are wholly or materially immobile or cannot safely decent the mobile staircase unit.

Travel Safe,

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
937 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wheelchair at airport?

Thank you very much for your swift replies, it sounds a lot like kuching so i think we should be alright, many thanks

5. Re: wheelchair at airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 05:19