We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day Chiang Mai itinerary

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
5 day Chiang Mai itinerary

Hi All! My husband and I are going to Chiang Mai as part of our honeymoon (heading down to Ko Samui afterwards) at the end of May/beginning of June.

I was hoping to get some comments on a potential itinerary:

Day 1 (Tuesday): Arrival from Bangkok in AM. Visit Doi Suthep and explore Chiang Mai in the afternoon/evening.

Day 2 (Wednesday): Elephant Nature Park or Patara Elephant Farm, I'm not sure which one, though definitely the price of ENP make me lean towards that, because I hear Patara is quite a bit more expensive.

Day 3 (Thursday): Doi Inthanon/ Karen Hill Tribe Village. We really want to hike this day as much as possible, and think it's probably best to hire a guide. I have contacted some, but it seems like many of the itineraries are "walks". Would love some advice about doing something a bit more serious.

Day 4 (Friday): morning Cooking School with May Kaidee, as we prefer to do a vegetarian course. Perhaps a visit to the Tiger Kingdom afterward.

Day 5 (Saturday): we will be observing sabbath, so nothing planned here other than walking around and experiencing the area (we are staying near the Night Bazaar at Yaang Come Village).

We leave Sunday morning, so we can't go to the Sunday Night Market, but I heard there is something smaller on Saturday night as well.

We were hoping to do Flight of the Gibbons as well, but after seeing the price (!!) and the time restraints, I think we will have to skip it.

Any comments are appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Ko Samui
Ko Samui
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Yaang Come Village
Yaang Come Village
995 Reviews
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day Chiang Mai itinerary

That sounds great, if you love animals try and fit in a trip to the night safari as you can feed them from the tram you are on and a light show afterwards. Excellent value for money

Enjoy Chiang Mai the people are beautiful there

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day Chiang Mai itinerary

"We were hoping to do Flight of the Gibbons as well, but after seeing the price (!!) and the time restraints, I think we will have to skip it"

"Any comments are appreciated"

Sarah, have a look at this site.

When your in Chiang Mai it's possible to get this tour at a lot less then advertised on their website.

You'll also notice they have a PM pick up time.

www.jungleflightchiangmai.com/index.php

Congratulations

Have fun

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day Chiang Mai itinerary

Jungle Flight also offer a half day option which will save you time and money.

On Saturday spending some time walking around - maybe around the old city or around the colourful Warorot Market area, lunch on the riverside and for the evening the Saturday Walking Street Market is well worth going to. Doi Inthanon is a nice day out. When we went we did a walk - not a hike. There are timber walking tracks built in. Sergent Kai or Jack T (in the FAQ) seems to take a lot of out of town trips so either of them may be able to help you with a trek. Just keep in mind timing for the day. It takes time to get there and back and it is really well worth stopping in at the King and Queens pogodas they are just stunning. There is also a nice waterfall most day trips stop here.

Your plan sounds good to be but you you don't have a lot of downtime to enjoy just being there and to take advantage of the many places to eat, see and explore as well as the many massage options.

Caroline.

4. Re: 5 day Chiang Mai itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:19