We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

Hi All

I am thinking of having my first ever solo trip, thought i would choose Chiang Mai as i have been three times before so feel comfortable. I have stayed previously at Tamarind Village, i would like something cheaper in the same area. Any recommendations? I am thinking of the last week in July or early August. Anyone else going to be around and would like to catch up? Any tips of what to do on you own would be appreciated.

thanks

Aly

Brisbane
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

As one who travels solo much more than in company, I can urge you to do anything you want to - there's really not much that I hesitate to do alone. About the only thing I've wished to be part of a group for was a khantoke dinner - I think you'd have a better experience of that in a group of friends. I went to one booked through a tour company, thinking I'd then have some interesting people to enjoy sitting around the khantoke with. But I struck out there with the only other tour members being a couple who were obviously in the middle of a big fight, and were morose when not hostile, complained about the food and having to sit on cushions instead of chairs, and who insisted we leave when the entertainment was only halfway through. Thumbs down on that one, but anything else - go for it!

Edited: 15 July 2013, 05:24
Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

Hi Shirry71 thanks for your positive response

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

The 3 Sis is really nice. Haven't stayed there but walked past when we were in CM and loved the look and has good reviews.

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

I will be solo in CM from 23rd-27th July. Staying at Chiang Mai Plaza.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

thanks for the replies Will check out 3 SIS thanks Queensland Wendy

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

The 3 Sis rates are between $56 and $58 per night including breakfast. You could probably get cheaper accommodation but this looks lovely.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

thanks Queensland Wendy i think that rate is quite reasonable

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

Three Sis is a great choice - the only downside is that it doesn't have a pool if that is important to you. There are lots of other options - some without pools would be Early Bird guest house also Parasol Inn (both very close to Tamarind). Pak Chiang Mai is a little further to the South (near the Chiang Mai Gate) and gets great reviews.

A little further to the South but in the old city - Baan Kliang Wiang has a pool and should be within your budget.

Twenty Lodge is also in the old city and has a pool and is worth a look.

Do check prices on sawadee.com, directrooms.com and agoda.com to check pricing - also check direct with the hotel.

Caroline.

Saratoga, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

I recently stated at the 3 sis and highly recommend it. The service is outstanding.

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
158 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo for a week in Chiang Mai

Thanks Caroline andgte478p appreciate the help