We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moo Kata Resaurants

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Moo Kata Resaurants

Hi,

My Girlfriend are I will be visiting Chiang Mai this year staying in the Parasol Inn hotel and I have read alot about these Moo Kata restaurants and they sound really good. Can anyone recommend a quality one in the area near to our hotel?

Kind Regards

Jon

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
516 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

This is THE Moo Ga Ta. In English its Sukonthaa

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=chiang+mai&hl=en&ll=18.799977,98.97053&spn=0.000627,0.002642&sll=15.567096,100.814873&sspn=5.744287,10.821533&hnear=Chiang+Mai,+Thailand&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=18.799976,98.970529&panoid=k7uQQK_4At5KlVMWyLma5Q&cbp=11,10.17,,0,-7.07

2. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 07:05
Edited: 06 September 2013, 07:05
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

Darn it Steve you revealed one of our deepest held secrets ;-) (though actually the Chinese tour bus groups had already found Sukontha)

There are numerous moo ga tas all over the city ranging from simple little shops with a dozen tables to massive places like Sukontha which can handle 1000 diners. There are quite a few within the old city area, the front desk at your hotel should be able to point you towards nearby ones.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

I like a moo kata every now and then, but can't equate 99 baht all you can eat with quality.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
516 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

tell me the next time you are going. I'll happily get you a table there for 400B/pax....

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

If the quality is better I'm all for it, I'll be there on the motorbike in December :-)

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
516 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

I'm just kidding, but that does bring up a good point for the newbies... Make sure everything is cooked and cooked well.

8. Re: Moo Kata Resaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:17