We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Need help

Hi everyone,

Returning to Chiang Mai next year (June/July), and we have decided to stay in a guest house instead of a hotel. Very keen about the old city in the Moo Muang area, and want to be close to coffee and eating places. I have nearly lost my mind after spending 3 days wading through the list of guest houses and all the varying reviews. Would really love something that is 'Thai' inspired in style or decor, clean and friendly. Own bathroom is also a must.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? Would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help

Sri Pat Guesthouse always gets good reviews. Another couple that are in the old city but just a bit away from there are Rich Lanna House which looks lovely and 3 Sis which gets consistently good reviews.

Do you have a budget?

Hope this helps.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 11:04
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help

Thanks Queensland Wendy.

No more than 700 baht is what we are working on. Appreciate your suggestions and will have a good look at them

Cheers MCG

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help

I think all of the above are above your budget.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help

MCG, maybe just book one now for the first 2 days and then look for what catches your fancy when you are there in June/July - there should be lots available then.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help

Hi,

Not quite a guest house but the Lux hotel is in the area, and your price range... might suit for a few days.

Cheers

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help

Funky Monkey Guesthouse is near where you want to stay and although the décor isn't exactly what you would like, it always gets great reviews.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,959 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help

Have a look at Early Bird in the old city. If you want a pool have a look at Chang Puak, which is just outside the old city to the North.

Caroline.

country victoria
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help

Have stayed at Changpauk lots of times and we just love it, got the best pool.....fits well in your budget....breakfast 100 baht per day

CVS

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help

While we were there last time we spotted Jonadda B&B and thought it looked like a friendly place. We didn't stay there but it would be within your budget and is in the old city. It gets good reviews here on TA, especially for the friendliness of the owners - may be worth a look? My daughter and her friends have booked Funky Monkey for their trip in January, and since they booked, the owners have been incredibly helpful, arranging extras for them - they have been very impressed.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help

Thanks everyone. Great suggestions and I'm onto it!

Safe travels. MCG