We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
50 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

Hi all,

Nok Air seems to be having a sale on currently and the pricing for Jan - Feb '14 seems to be far lower than Air Asia.

From what I see on their website, the pricing on Nok Air seems to be far more upfront than Air Asia........ extras for luggage/ seat selection/ credit card payment etc are far lower on Nok Air.

Any views of the pros & cons of flying Nok Air vis-a-vis Air Asia ? --> From the pricing point of view/ travelling comfort (leg space)/ on time departure/ last minute cancellations etc.

Thanks...

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,317 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

Take the cheapest. They are both good airlines.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

If Nok is cheaper go with it. I have flown them many times and thus far never had any problems.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

If the price is FAR lower then just go with Nok Air. Both use old 737's from memory, both are a budget airline, both depart Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport, neither have had any recent major incidents. If you say Nok Air are more upfront with their pricing, and have only presented positive things about them, surely you have answered your own question before even asking it!

Nothing wrong with Air Asia, but if the price and schedule are right, then go with Nok Air!

Edited: 07 October 2013, 09:06
Chiangmai
Level Contributor
706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

I travel by air a lot in Thailand and I used to go with Air Asia but switched to Nok Air as the plane is not as full.

randy

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

Go with the best price / most suitable flight times

Nok Air also has new Boeing 737-800s and Air Asia Airbus A-320's

Edited: 07 October 2013, 09:38
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,887 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

Hi,

I agree with the above, go with the best prices/timings for you.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,953 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

we flew CM to Bkk with AA last week - and the leg room was terrible - we have flown with AA before and not encountered such a squeezy ride before. It didn't help that the kids sitting in front of us wanted to recline their seats as we were taxiing to take-off !! I shoved them back upright quick smart.

we've never had an yproblems with on time departures or cancellations

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
930 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

AA is fine for short flights. Go with what works best price wise. I had the reclining seats thing like thmoore did but the Bangkok to Phuket flight but an hour can cope with. We had a delay as did all flights of 30 mins from Phuket to Chiang Mai but still arrived on time, the pilot made up the time or maybe the winds were right. The line ups for baggage check look longer on AA. I don't regret going AA for internal flights at all.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

With Nok, even for the very short journeys, you get a packet of peanuts and a bottle of water, but with AA you get nothing. Might tip the balance...

Bangalore
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nok Air Vs Air Asia - Which airline to fly ?

Thanks all............ so Nok Air it is :-)