We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need review for Ben's taxi service and tours

San Francisco
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Need review for Ben's taxi service and tours

He is in the FAQ list but I have read some mix reviews on this services but most of them are old reviews so I would really appreciate if someone can give me recent review for his tours from personal experience.

BEN:

www.benstaxiserviceandtours.com

Email: benjirak@yahoo.com / Mobile: 08 9853 7527

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
941 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need review for Ben's taxi service and tours

keepOntravelin, If you read my trip reports on 29/7/13 and 1/8/13 titled first and second and third full days in chiang mai you can read my reviews of Bens services.

Enjoy Chiang Mai

Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need review for Ben's taxi service and tours

Hi aussie010, i couldn't find your trip reports (maybe i was looking in the wrong place). could you give some feedback on Ben's? i'm considering booking him, and trying to decide between him and another guide

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
941 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need review for Ben's taxi service and tours

ig4078, We used Ben for 2 days, he is a young thai with a lovely SUV, spotless and air conditioned and he is a very careful driver, he is not a travel guide but will organise your day if you want or you tell him where you want to go, we visited the temples, silk factory, umbrella factory,lacquer ware factory, elephant camp, shopping centres we also wanted to go for a drive out into the countryside and Ben took us out amongst the farmlands and rice paddies, it was so serene,

We also had trouble buying some small colourful elephants to take home for the grandkids so Ben took us to a little shop he knew where we could buy them, they were just what we were after and very cheap, he also dropped us off at the markets and would return and pick us up at a time that suited us,

He was always on time and because my wife could not climb into the rear seats due to a disability he adjusted the front seat and she was able to get into the front of his SUV, also while we were up at DOI SUTHEP he came looking for us with umbrellas because he thought it might start raining.

He is very polite and a thorough gentleman and speaks good english, his rate is BAHT2500 per day plus fuel, we gave him BAHT3000( $100) each day which included a tip for which he was very grateful, we are returning in July 2014 and will be booking Ben again.

Enjoy Chiang Mai

Edited: 07 December 2013, 20:54
Brisbane, AUST
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need review for Ben's taxi service and tours

I recommend Ben as well. Super nice guy listed plenty of suggestions and we picked a few places/activities that sounded interesting to us and a few stops for us as we needed to pick up a sim card etc. Beautiful car with cream leather interior and excellent safe driving. We used his services just last month.

5. Re: Need review for Ben's taxi service and tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:17