We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Myramar

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for Myramar

Want to go to Myramar from Chang Mai. Can one get a visa here in Chang Mai?

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Myramar

No you have to get your visa in Bangkok or arrange for a Visa on Arrival through the tour operator organzing your trip to Myanmar.

That said ... there are some travel agencies in Chiang Mai that provide visa services through the Myanmar Embassy in BKK, but they will need your passport for a day or two to send to Bangkok.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 03:39
Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Myramar

Thanks for your response. Any idea how I would find these agencies? I have been trying to do some Internet searches, but I am not feeling confident. Cheers, Colin.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for Myramar

I ran across a couple on the old city earlier this year, but to be honest can't really remember details. It might be easiest to have your Myanmar tour operator do a VOA authorization, I was just there and the VOA process in Mandalay was quick & easy.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for Myramar

There's a lot of mixed information regarding VOA fror Myanmar, if you go over to the Myanmar forum you'll get the latest info but we've just come back and were told VOA is no longer possible so we got ours at the Bangok Embassy

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for Myramar

A VOA is possible, but has to be arranged in advance through a tour operator. I just did it a couple of weeks ago flying to Mandalay.

In the strictest interpretation of the words it is not really a true VOA, but rather a pre-authorized visa that is stamped in your passport upon arrival. But everyone involved in the process (tour ops, sign on the office door, the immigration staff at the airport, etc) call it a VOA.

6. Re: Visa for Myramar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:17