We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai FEB.6-FEB. 18, 2014 too much burning or ok

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Chiang Mai FEB.6-FEB. 18, 2014 too much burning or ok

Will be in Chiang Mai until Feb. 18, 2014.....will my eyes or lungs be burning by then...a mask needed? What do you all think? Please give me your best guesses based on your past experiences. My husband and I can shorten our stay now and do Feb. 6-12 only, changing our already booked air and hotel stays, but we need to do this soon to avoid a lot of extra costs.

We'd like to stay until the 18th, if possible, but not if it will be stinking with smoke. What do you think is your best guess?

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai FEB.6-FEB. 18, 2014 too much burning or ok

We are staying in Chiang Mai until the 17th of February. I am asthmatic and did a fair bit of research on the matter. While nothing is set in stone my research indicated that the worst of the burning seems to occur towards the end of February and in March.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
6,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai FEB.6-FEB. 18, 2014 too much burning or ok

Most of February is decent, March is when majority of the rice field burning takes place. But even in March there are plenty of days when the conditions are beautiful, a lot depends on what the weather is doing on any given day.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Mai FEB.6-FEB. 18, 2014 too much burning or ok

Hopefully, we'll all be enjoying our stay in Chiang Mai in mid-February! :) Thanks for your input.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang Mai FEB.6-FEB. 18, 2014 too much burning or ok

Thanks for your information...very much appreciate your input.

5. Re: Chiang Mai FEB.6-FEB. 18, 2014 too much burning or ok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 05:16