We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monks

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gorizia, Italy
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Monks

Hi everybody!

I am in Chiang Mai and would like to see the monks collecting the alms on Wednesday morning, which is my last day in Thailand.

My guesthouse is close to Suan Dok Gate: which is the best place to go to? Any advice?

I have planned to get up at 5.30 am. Is it enough or do I have to get up earlier?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,324 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monks

This is a bit old-fashioned approach, but have you asked the staff at your guesthouse where and when they are giving alms to the monks? They probably are doing it unless they are Christians (which is not too unusual in Chiang Mai).

The daily schedule buddhanet.net/e-learning/…wat_m5.htm seems to have the alms collection happening 6-8am.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monks

Hi

If you're staying around Saun Dok area I would hop on to songhteaw to Chiangmai gate fresh market. At the market there would be a stalls selling freshly cooked meal sets ready to offers to monks. Just wait around monks will walk pass by.

You will need to get there early between 5-7am.

3. Re: Monks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 18:40
4. Re: Monks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:17