We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
114 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

We are hoping to be returning to Chiang Mai later in 2014 with a group of 10 people I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with hiring a driver and van for a week and the cost involved please

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

Full size vans such as the Toyota Commuter with a driver, start at 2000 baht per day, plus gas. Also plus driver expenses (room & food) if you are traveling away from Chiang Mai.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,916 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

That is about what we have paid for a 12 seater van as well. About 2500 - 3000B a day.

That was with a registered guide so included his guide service in that price and fuel.

Caroline.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
114 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

Thank you both I can now start organising their stay

4. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 12:43
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

In Bangkok I paid 3000 Baht for a Toyota 12-seater to go to Phanatnikom and back which is about a 200km round trip. This rate included petrol and driver.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

Markeevan: Do you remember what company you hired for that trip?

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

Hi there;

My family members and I will be visiting Chiang Mai in June 2015, we may have 12 pax in the group so we are looking for a 12 seater van plus driver. Can anyone recommend a contact for me to hire the 12 seater van and let me know who much is the price?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers;

Jade

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

JadeKoon - A 12 seater van does not seat 12 passengers AND a driver. There are 12 total seats, of which the driver gets one and the middle seat up front is not really usable, so 10 passengers plus driver.

Edited: 02 March 2015, 14:48
Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

Hi MrCycling;

We have a 9 year-old girl & a 14 year-old girl in the group, the remaining are 8 female and 2 male. Do you think we can all squeez into the 12 seater van if we hire a driver? And will the traffic police stop us if we have 13 people (inclusive driver) in a 12 seater van?

Or do you know if there is any other option we have beside hiring 2 vehicle for a 12 pax group?

Thanks for your help.

Regards;

Jade

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Daily charge for a 12 seater van and driver

@JadeKoon - The driver's willingness to do that is something only your driver can answer, as it is their license that would be effected. You might try emailing a few and ask.