We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

We are flying in tomorrow from Siem Reap. I think we will have enough USD to exchange and get a cab to hotel (east side outside moat)....anyone know the price?

We plan to get cash from an ATM for daily expenses. Should we not do this at the airport? Are ATM fees there higher than in town? I am talking about fees from the ATM, not my bank. Sorry I can't recall previous research on the issue. Would greatly appreciate any answers! Thanks in advance.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

There is no difference in the fees at the airport. When I was there in December, AEON didn't charge a fee to withdraw at the ATM. The one I used was in the Mall near the airport.

Taxis from the airport are at a fixed price - less than 200baht if memory serves me correct.

Trisha

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

The ATM fees are the same (as far as I know) at the airport. There are at least four ATM in the arrival area (after baggage claim). We always get some cash there.

There is a transfer desk in the same area where you pay a fixed rate for your cab. The price is different depending on what size vehicle you need. A standard car is only about 120B. The larger ones around 200B.

Caroline.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

Hi

The ATM fee are the same all over Thailand.

Cheers,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

Thanks all!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,882 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

ATM fee is usually 150 baht, except at AEON which is free so worth looking out for those.

6. Re: Arriving tomorrow--suggestions for cash?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:18