We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tiger kingdom, transport

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
tiger kingdom, transport

hey all. so ive read most other topics but nothings really given me the answer. im aware that i just need to get to tiger kingdom (i figure most tuk tuks, taxi drivers etc) will know where im talking about. but how much should i expect a tuk tuk or taxi to cost one way? i dont really wanna pay one to sit and wait for me, whats the average price from old town chiang mai to tiger kingdom? thankyou.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
5,745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

If you don't have the driver wait, it will be a very long walk back. Taxis don't sit around at Tiger Kingdom waiting to pick up a fare. Organizing a round trip is necesary.

Shafter, California
Level Contributor
453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

I will be staying near the night bazaar and am wondering the same thing....avg price of transport to tiger kingdom and wait for an hour or so and transport back to night bazaar area.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

Depends on the number of people going. For 2 people, a good avg price for a red truck to drive up and back should cost 500B or less for truck/driver(for a total of 4 hrs). The price should go down if you have more people as he will also receive a commission on the amount that you spend at Tiger Kingdom.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 15:09
Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

There's a taxi driver with a yellow and blue meter taxi who parks up on Chang Klan Road (the night bazaar street) during the daytime and he has a menu of fees on a large card on the front of his vehicle. He offers a return trip to Tiger Kingdom for 100 baht. All drivers taking passengers to Tiger Kingdom are given a commission and this lovely guy is one of the few that passes it on to his customers. We used him and he's a good driver with a safe car who picks you up from your accommodation and waits patiently to return you when you've finished your trip. I did have his business card but I can't locate it just now. If I find it I'll send you a private message with his number, but if you're staying in the vicinity, you should see him. He's usually outside McDonalds / The Dukes.

Shafter, California
Level Contributor
453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

Thank you MizzTraveler...Love your name btw :)

I am not going until Jan 2015 so if you find his info and remember this thread, Please send me a PM. kob-kun-(mak) ขอบคุณ(มาก) ( I think this says Thank you)

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

ok so i went to tiger kingdom today, just got back.

i hailed the first taxi (one of the open backed red ones) and straight away he quoted 300baht so i said yes please. took about 30/40 minutes to get there, he dropped me right at the front steps and said he'd meet me after. you go in, straight to one of the girls, you say which tigers you want to see (big, small or medium) and then pay, wait for 5 minutes and go into the enclosure. not really much queing, probably waited for about ten minutes outside the enclosure and then you go in with a partner and go around the tigers. there were four in all.

the animals seemed really happy, none seemed 'drugged up'. most were fairly sleepy which is a given seeing as they are cats and sleep 18 hours aday, when they were awake though they were very wide eyed and smiley. our trainer and guide showed us a few tricks. the animals really did seem very relaxed and happy and the guides seem to genuinely love them. you might see them give them the odd tap on the nose with a small stick but it doesn't hurt them in anyway, they are huge animals.

overall well worth the visit! very happy.

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

Thanks for letting us know how it all went.

I'm glad you enjoyed the experience.

8. Re: tiger kingdom, transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:17