We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border crossing to Laos?

Kfar Saba, Israel
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Border crossing to Laos?

Does anyone know what is happening at the border crossing 4tb Friendship bridge to Laos? We are due to fly into.CM in June 11 and cross overland to Laos.is there any effect of the martial law situation there?

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Border crossing to Laos?

Would love to know too..have read its ok,but ease update.We will be on the Nagi of Mekong.

East Lansing...
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Border crossing to Laos?

I emailed Asia discovery tours, the company that handles a lot of train reservations, about the sleeper trains from Bangkok to nong khai and onward to Laos. They sent me a pdf saying that all borders are operating as normal and that the only changes would be increased military presence at certain crossings. Also just an FYI the pdf was issued by the tourism board of Thailand.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Laos
Laos
Asia
Kfar Saba, Israel
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Border crossing to Laos?

Great thanks a lot guys. I also got a reply from Richard Barrow who blogs at www.richardbarrow.com saying things are normal at the crossing!

4. Re: Border crossing to Laos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:16