We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Chiangmai airport

Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
To Chiangmai airport

Hi all, My flight from Chiangmai is at early morning and I probably need to depart to airport at 5 or 6 am. I know that I can go to airport by red songtaews or tuktuk car available in town, but are they available during 5 or 6am?

Thanks for any help!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,040 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Chiangmai airport

Elise I would ask your hotel or guest house to book one for you the day before. There may not be one that early exactly when you need it. Thats the time we leave for the airport as well and we always prebook to save stress.

Caroline.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: To Chiangmai airport

songtaews or tuktuk available 24 hours

you just need to Catch them on a main street

so its Depending on where is your hotel....

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Chiangmai airport

Last time I was in Chiang Mai, 6 of us and luggage, we had a 7:05AM flight. I managed to get 3 TukTuks from Chang Klan Road (Road Night Bazaar is on) at 5:30AM no problem.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,310 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Chiangmai airport

Hi,

We did what Caroline suggests, arrange transport at your hotel/guest house. It is not going to cost you a great deal more.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,040 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To Chiangmai airport

We were on the riverside and got stuck once with nothing going by at all at that hour - so I would always book something now so I know I won't be stressed trying to find something in the early morning hours.

Caroline.

Udon Thani
Level Contributor
137 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To Chiangmai airport

Get the taxi phone number regardless. In my phone it is 053262878 but that was added 2-3 year ago. All the taxis return to the airport where they make more money and have better chance of maybe getting hired for longer trips but in Chiang Mai can be called.

It wasn't here but rather in Penang Malaysia off the tourist track, got dropped off by a taxi, it got late and ended taking close to two hours to get one back. Since then I have a habit of getting the taxi companies number when taking one from airports.

That's obviously less ideal than either knowing there are TukTuks all night where you are or prebooking something, but is good to have if you get stuck at any point in the trip.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To Chiangmai airport

Hi,

Agree with Caroline. We were also stuck very early one morning-not a taxi, tuk tuk or songthaew in sight!

We did become a little agitated after searching up and down roads, therefore we always book the evening before now. So much better.

Travel safe

8. Re: To Chiangmai airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16