We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Old city Chiang Mai

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
46 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Old city Chiang Mai

Can somebody help us decide which is the best option out of these three. Karinthip village hotel, Rich Lanna hote or Chompor Lanna hotel. If any similar range hotels in or near old city Plz suggest.

Thanks

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Old city Chiang Mai

Hi,

I've stayed at Rich Lanna House and Chompor Lanna. Rich Lanna has lovely rooms and a small pool, it's close to the north gate but set back a bit from the moat road so not too noisy. The location is good as you can walk to the centre of the old town in about 10 minutes and the night bazaar area in about 25 mins. I found the breakfast a bit ordinary.

At Chompor I had a deluxe room and although the bathroom was a bit small it was again a lovely Lanna style room in an exceptionally quiet location. The small soi it's in gets practically no traffic and a 2 minute walk takes you to the Three Kings monument and it's not much more to Wat Chedi Luang etc. The food at Chompor Lanna is good including breakfast.

You could also look at The Rim, Baan Boo Loo, De Rachamanka, and just outside of the old city take a look at both Banthai Village and Manathai Village.

Cheers

2. Re: Where to stay in Old city Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:17