We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will this feel too rushed?

Nashville
12 posts
Save Topic
Will this feel too rushed?

Singapore 5 days

Bangkok 5 days

Phuket 3 days

Chang mai 2-3 days

Is it considered too rushed? I have been to Bangkok but not to Phuket and Chiang mai. Another friend told me about Pattaya which is must go. Due to lack of time I feel we can cover those but it might feel too 'Rushed' while at the same time we are thinking that if going to several temples in Bangkok then is it worth going to Chiang Mai for those as well besides the temples. We want to go to the elephant tours which he also said is different from those in Bangkok or Phuket as those in Chiang Mai trek through rivers, mountains and iis pretty good and a whole day tour.. Is it worth to go there based on this? We have a 14 and 16 year old who has never been there.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

I would consider cutting the Bangkok time down by a day or two and adding them on to Chiang Ma and or Phuketi especialy as you have been before.

Cheaper option if you just wanted to fit a bit of beach time into the itinary would be to swap Phuket for Hua Hin which is a drive from Bangkok rather than paying for flights to Phuket.

I would never consider Pattaya a must go place, the beach is OK but very crowded but the water quality is pretty poor and although there are things for kids to do it is really more of an adult party town.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

I agree with London Chris' advice: I would avoid Pattaya entirely and cut short the Bangkok segment adding a day or two to Chiang Mai. I love Singapore, but many would find five days there a day or two too many as well.

Edited: 24 July 2014, 00:15
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,038 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

I agree as well - cut time down in Bangkok and perhaps even cut a night or two in Singapore and add them to the Chiang Mai and Phuket nights.

It would give you a more rounded experience of the cities, the North and the beach.

I also agree with avoiding Pattaya and considering Hau Hin.

You could also consider Krabi over Phuket. There are direct Air Asia flights to Krabi from Chiang Mai - and I think there is a direct flight to Singapore from Krabi if you need to get back there to get home.

Caroline.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

For me, I’d think about doing.

Singapore 4 days

Bangkok 4 days

Phuket 4 days

Chiang Mai 4 days

That way there wouldn’t be any confusion with how many days we’d be spending in each location.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,706 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

I'd cut 2 days off Singapore and a day off Bangkok and give them to Phuket and Chiang Mai.

brisbane
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

Beware the torture of elephants at so called elephant parks...everybody travels differently. Would be too much for me...not bring realistic saying 3 days here, 4 there... You check out..you taxi, spend hours at airport, long taxis again....check in.....it's a whole day there...

Pattaya is a hole.

Phuket has become a hole....but there are pockets of goodness...

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
148 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

Cut out some days in Singapore, add more to chiang Mai, we liked it a lot. Do bangkok last, and stay in the sukhumvit area near bts. There's a ton of malls, and teenagers probably enjoy it.

Personally I would avoid going to pattaya altogether as that's more of a single guy or guys looking for fun. Not much of a family place. Look at weather, then decide what island. Smaller ones are more charming, rather than huge commercialized ones. Phuket is the largest, samui is 2nd

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

I'm not sure I'd be cutting back time in Singapore personally. Given the ages of your kids I'm sure you'll probably want to do a day at Universal Studios - not as big as LA but a day trip none the less. The Zoo is a full day if that's on your itinerary, and especially if you plan on doing the night zoo as well. And if you plan on a day at Sentosa .... So take out travel times & it doesn't really leave a lot of time to explore Singapore. But obviously it depends on what you plan on doing there. I'd work out that first before cutting out days. I'm not really a fan of Phuket, but your teens might like it. I'd just avoid too many flights. They really take up way too much of your holiday time, so like the others say, Hua Hin would be a preferable option.

9. Re: Will this feel too rushed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15