We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nok Air Chiang Mai to Vientiane

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Nok Air Chiang Mai to Vientiane

Does anyone know if Nok Air plans to reopen this route (CNX to VTE) any time soon? I will be in Chiang Mai in November and want to make the trip in either December or January. I have been in contact with Nok Air but have not received any useful information. I know I could fly to UTH and cross by land, but would rather fly direct to VTE. Any information appreciated.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nok Air Chiang Mai to Vientiane

Scappoose, Lao Air have flights from Chiang Mai to Vientiane.

My wife and I recently flew with them from Vientiane to Luang Prabang. Out of the several flights we had during that trip, we found that flight to be the best of them all.

Daily…

Depart…Arrive

15:30…16:30

18:35…19:20

laoairlines.com/flight-information/…

Have fun

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nok Air Chiang Mai to Vientiane

Thanks, inaspin. I should have mentioned that I know there are other airlines, including Bangkok Air and Thai Airways, making the trip. I was just wanting any available information from those in the area on Nok Air.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nok Air Chiang Mai to Vientiane

Hi

right now Nok air only does a fly and drive from udon thanni.

Chiang Mai Udon Thanni then mini van to Vientaine all for one price

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nok Air Chiang Mai to Vientiane

Thanks, I know that. That is why I am asking if anyone knows when the CNX to VTE route will resume. I might have to use the option you mention if the route is not restored by December.

5. Re: Nok Air Chiang Mai to Vientiane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:15