We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Untouched Thailand Tours

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Untouched Thailand Tours

I am thinking of booking The Untouched Nature Trip and would like to know what elephant camp they go to for the hour elephant riding i do not want to see elephants playing football painting etc.

Has anybody been on this tour can let me know the condition of the elephants.

Thank you

Lanna Kingdom Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Untouched Thailand
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Chiang Mai Tour Center
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Chiang Mai Biking
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Untouched Thailand Tours

Do you need to ride the elephants?

Why don't you email or phone them to check which elephant camp you will be visiting and then you will know for yourself. It is good to be aware of where you are being taken when participating in set tours.

I always check on any tours involving animals, make sure they are being treated ethically. This is just my opinion, however I feel that someone has to be an advocate for them!

Safe travels.

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
148 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Untouched Thailand Tours

Personally, I don't like booking tours in advance. Once you get there, you will see that you can do a lot of the attractions yourself for much less. I booked a meditation tour and paid a $30 deposit, only to find out that temples offer free meditation! Why would you have to spend $130 for it? Sure it included a ride and lunch, but most of it profits the company or tour. Thailand is very cheap, and $130 is a huge amount of money. I also did a bike tour which was $30 each, not a huge amount..but paid in advance and when we arrived, we had to do it or lose our money. The places we were taken to weren't that interesting and lunch that was included was blahhh. Probably cost less than 30bht

3. Re: Untouched Thailand Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:16