We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iternary suggestions

South africa
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Iternary suggestions

Please advice:

I would like to travel to Thailand. I have been to Koi Samui, Phuket and Pattaya. (Want to see some other places)

I would like to get an itinerary for 10 days in Thailand... Would prefer Chang Mai and Vietnam... But do not want to get a visa as there would be no time as I would like to travel from 14 August 2014

Can someone suggest something? Suggestions very welcome maybe you have got something different in mind. I am travelling from South Africa

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iternary suggestions

Lots of trekking tours there or self drive.

Depends what you like.

Between Bkk and Chiang Mai there are some places worth seeing so you could train or bus one direction then fly back.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iternary suggestions

Hi

If you have 10 days and no beach then I would suggest train to Chiangmai. You could stop to see different places along the route.

From BKK - train stop in Ayuthaya( for history, ruins ) for 1 night - train and stop at Pitsanulok, bus to Sukhothai stay 1 night, bus back to Pitsanulok for train - train stop in Lampang for 1night - train to chiangmai - spend the in Chiangmai 3 nights - bus up to Chaingrai 2 nights - fly from Chiangrai back to BKK.

My thought !

South africa
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iternary suggestions

Have you got any other ideas with beach holiday in Thailand for 10 days. What would be the best option

Thanks for the suggestions

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iternary suggestions

Koh chang Is greAt if you want somewhere different on the beach, we just got back from 6 nights in chiang Mai and loved it!

Edited: 16 August 2014, 01:18
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iternary suggestions

...."Can someone suggest something? Suggestions very welcome maybe you have got something different in mind. I am travelling from South Africa"....

VOA (Visa on Arrival) for South Africans cost $30US if you enter Laos

$20US when you enter Cambodia.

How's that?

Level Contributor
29 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iternary suggestions

My wife and I just came back from a 2 week trip in Thailand, here's the trip we did (took planes from BKK to Chiang Mai and Krabi cause it's really cheap - 50 euros/ticket) and you waste less time in transportation...

Here's the detail:

- bkk 2 nights

- chiang mai 4 nights (from there you can go to Doi Suthep and Doi Ithanon national parks)

- bkk 1 night

- krabi and then Ao Nang (1 night), Railay Beach (2 nights), Ko Lanta (2 nights)

Also 1 visit to krabi town...

- bkk 2 nights

South africa
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iternary suggestions

Can Anyone suggest these hotels on our trip to phuket and Koh Lak?

Phuket Patong Merlin Hotel 3 nights (pool view)

Koh Yao Yai Koh Yao Yai Village 3 nights (deluxe bungalow)

Koh Lak Merlin Resort 2 nights (sup)

Are they nice hotels for our second trip to Phuket?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iternary suggestions

I'm a little confused... Your first post said you wanted info on Chiang Mai and Vietnam, and your most recent post asks about accommodation in Phuket and Koh Lak... are these 2 different trips you are planning, or have you changed your mind about Chiang Mai and Vietnam?

South africa
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iternary suggestions

Yes I have changed. My friend that is going with me is more a fun loving beach person. So I will do Vietnam on a next trip

Thank you for asking

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iternary suggestions

Too much moving.