We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lodz, Poland
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

Hi there,

at the end of August I'll have to go from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. I was thinking about Green Bus Company. But I suppose that there are many other options to go there. (Can you suggest any?)

But I'll have to go there on Synday. Will it be a problem? Or the buses operate every day the same, no matter what day it is?

Thank you!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

Hi

The bus operate daily all year round. As matters of fact weekend are busier as locals got back to work / family.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

I found the VIP bus was just great - leather reclining seats, spacious and enjoyable ride. Not expensive. It has my vote. The trip to Chiang Rai from Chiang Mai takes about 3 hours and some interesting scenery along the way. Washroom on the VIP bus - don't know about the others.

Thung Chang...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

If you travel with Green Bus, you can book it in advance.

There is an office also near Tha Phae Gate

Here the link for the ticket offices in Chiang Mai.

bus.greencorporatethai.com/en/chiang-mai/

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

No need to book inadvance. The bus are frequant just turn up at arcade bus station. You will be depart from arcade bus station anyway.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

I think maybe it's a good idea to book ahead on the green VIP bus. We've traveled on this quite a bit and I cant recall a single trip where the bus wasn't full. I think there are only 20 seats.

Also if you turn up on the day for tickets leave lots of time. The line often is very long. If you don't mind what bus you get you could turn up but get there early.

We had to queue for about half an hour once at the ticket office to exchange a booking voucher for actual tickets. We almost missed the bus and ended up having to queue jump to make it.

Caroline.

6. Re: Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on Sunday - will it be a problem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16