We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for Koh Samui Chaweng beach. Tips please

Dorset England
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed for Koh Samui Chaweng beach. Tips please

Me and my wife are off to Koh Samui in may07 for 2 weeks. We are staying at the Amari Palm Reef Resort off the back of all the good reviews on this site. However a few reviews have said the beach is not that clean and the sea is not great for swimming in?

Can anyone tell me if this is the case or are people just being over critical?

Any other tips or what the weather is like at that time of year won't go a miss either. Thanks

Koh Samui
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed for Koh Samui Chaweng beach. Tips please

Amari Palm Reef Resort is a nice Hotel & its beach is fit enough for swimming.The beach water is not that bad though compared to other beaches it is a bit less clear.

Samui is a shopper's paradise where all sorts of things are available at reasonable price.

Make special budget for tailor-made clothes as they are plenty of shops here with trempting offers.

Personally,I would recommend you to go to "Manu Collections",a tailor shop situated Opposite the Seascape Beach resort Hotel(South Chaweng).

Have a good holiday!

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed for Koh Samui Chaweng beach. Tips please

May, from my experience(3 times) will be ok, normally pretty hot with the odd afternoon thundestorm or occasional shower that normally cools things down a touch.

Sometimes rubbish is a problem normally from washed up debris but most resorts clean up their beach front so it`s not a problem,

The beach at Amari isn`t the best but that tends to be more regarding the depth which is easily avoidable by walking to your right out of Amari

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor