We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

We're planning on going to Bangkok and Ko Samui next Feb (with 3 nights in Bangkok and 10 in Ko Samui) and I want to stay in the Imperial Boathouse. However both Thomsons and Trailfinders have quoted over £1200 each which is more than I budgeted for. I wondered if anybody could recommend a cheaper hotel with pool close to the beach in Choeng Mon, or can you suggest another tour operator who might be able to do a cheaper deal.

Many thanks.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
486 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

The White House? Just booked your flights with whoever and book the room yourself? The White House is 46 quid per room per night on asiarooms.com/thailand/…choeng_mon-area.html

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

Thanks for the link. I've had a look at the White House but it's £82 a night when we want to go which is more than Thomsons have quoted us for the Imperial Boathouse. I think we've picked the most expensive time to go and might have to rethink our destination.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

We have been to bangkok (3 nights) on samui (11) for the past 2 years - we wwent with Thomas Cook stayed at the Landmark in bangkok and the imperial boathouse both times as the hotels were fantastic. We paid about £1100 per person which included flights and transfers and BB at the boathouse in november. For the money we had a 5 star holiday and definately worth every penny. Anther hotle that is on Chongmon is the Sala Samui i think which has alot of good reviews (it looked beautiful when i walked past there during a stroll on the beach) but not sure of the price - i highly recommend the boathouse as there was excellant service and very good rooms - we even got a free upgrade when we went back a second time and the room was gorgeous! Every room has a lovely spacious balcony or a patio area i cannot fault this place.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

Thanks for your comments redbullover, it sounds as though the price we have been quoted is probably about right so we might have to stretch the budget a bit if we really want to go. Just come back from 2 weeks at the Holiday Inn in South Goa which was a brilliant holiday for £800 (though obviously it's not quite as far away as Thailand) but we've been to Goa twice now and fancy a change. I knew this holiday would be dearer but hoped we could do it for about £1000. I'll just have to save a bit harder!

suffolk
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

hi gemma1 we have just got back from the boat house"its worth every penny"keep sniffing for a good price! there are some villas next door to b/house these are very nice and clean and prices range from 1000-2000 bht per night but no pool although the beach is about 10 yards away...hope this helps

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

Hi Ivan, glad you thought the Boathouse was worth the money. Do you know what the villas are called, they sound worth considering?

Thanks.

suffolk
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

hi gemma i cant find the card with details on it sorry what might be a help is honeys resort wich is next door to the no name villas,you can check them out on asiarooms.com but still no pool but honeys is the most romantic place (ever) to eat...sand between ya toes,fireflies,gentle laping of the waves and top food just perfect.i will speck to the boss about the no name villas when she comes in as she has probably put the card somewere safe as we will be going back. kindest regards ivan

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

Thanks Ivan, I looked at the Samui Honey Cottages when I was checking out the White House and they do look nice. I've checked out the prices and it's £620 for 10 nights next Feb in the cheapest room (we have picked the dearest time to go!). Trailfinders have quoted me £893 for 10 nights at the Boathouse and 3 nights at a 3* in Bangkok so I don't think that's bad, I just need to wait another 10 days until they can give me a price for the flights so fingers crossed we might be booking through them. Thanks for your help.

9. Re: Reasonable priced accommodation in Choeng Mon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 12:17