We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling trip with Seatran discovery is not recommended

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling trip with Seatran discovery is not recommended

Hi

I just came back from Samui and my wife and I took a snorkeling trip from Samui to Koh Tao as we enjoy to snorkel in warm waters :-) We picked up different brochures at the hotel and we decided to go for LINK Seatran Discovery (see http://www.dial-samui.com/tours2.htm ) and we paid about 1700 THB per person. The problem was that this big boat is also used as a regular transportation boat to Koh Pa Ngan and Koh Tao before it proceeds to the snorkeling so we got there 1 hour behind schedule which only gave us 1 hour to snorkel from the boat. We were also a bit shocked to find out that fins were not included in the package and it was not possible to rent either on the boat. Then we were dropped of at Koh Nangyuan and the return was 1 hour earlier than stated in the program. We started on the hometrip at about 2 pm and we came back to the pier at 5.30 as it took some time going to pick up people at Tao and Koh Pa Ngan again.

So if you are into snorkeling I would recommend that you find another company because this was a waste of time.

Regards

Gard

arctica
Level Contributor
927 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling trip with Seatran discovery is not recommended

It`s a shame!

Did you and perhaps the other snorkellers onboard complain to the company? If not, let`s hope your warning at least will help some others not to fall into the same trap.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling trip with Seatran discovery is not recommended

Hi

No, I did not complain as I didn't see that this would go anywhere at the time. But I just hope that I can warn others...or maybe my expectations were too high. I have been snorkling before in other places (Mexico, Maldives, Malaysia) and I was hoping to Koh Tao experience would match these places...but that was not the case.

Regards

Gard

Melbourne
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling trip with Seatran discovery is not recommended

thanks for the heads up - certainly wont be using them

4. Re: Snorkeling trip with Seatran discovery is not recommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 14:22