We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities to enjoy in Ko Samui when it rains?

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Activities to enjoy in Ko Samui when it rains?

I hear it's a little rainy out there right now and am off on honeymoon in a week. So can you recommend any fab activities / trips etc which we could enjoy (other than the obvious ;-) on rainy days? Thanks, Tx

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities to enjoy in Ko Samui when it rains?

On the whole most activities are geared to dry weather.Thats because there is a lot more sunshine than rain.

The weather at the moment is anything but wet.It's very hot.If however you are unlucky and see some persistent rain you could always do what I do - drink three large bottles of Chang quickly and then smile at the rain until it goes away.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
471 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities to enjoy in Ko Samui when it rains?

I'd vote for drinking as well!!

Try the Bophut Fishermans Village, a lot of good bars looking over the water, we like the Billabong Surf Club.

Cheers

Robert

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities to enjoy in Ko Samui when it rains?

When it rains, it is not British Rain, it is warm water and humid climate, it is good for walks, for people watching.

It is not packamacks and gale force winds!

Please don't worry about the rain it is a welcome sight, you need a brolly and bare feet that is all, and when the rain stops and the sun comes out the foliage looks magical.

You will LOVE the rain.

4. Re: Activities to enjoy in Ko Samui when it rains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 13:15