We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui Wedding

Adelaide
8 posts
Save Topic
Koh Samui Wedding

Hi, I am looking into getting married in Koh Samui in June 09. Is this a good time of year to go? My sister tells me it rains a lot at this time but others have said it is fine.

Also can you recommend any fantastic resorts to have a wedding at?

Much appreciation

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

Hiya i'm getting married august '08 at Rocky Resort on Ko samui i'm very excited although it hasn't been easy i've done hours and hours and hours of research on here etc to find the most suitable place for us we have about 20 guests coming out so quite small. Probably best to search this forum first there is alot of posts and helpful advice from bella butterfly on here she helped me alot.

If i can answer any questions fire away or look on my posts too you might find some answers from all the questions i've asked already!!

I've been to ko samui before in June and we had mostly hot sunny days with a couple of showers i'm taking this risk with the weather also with getting married in August but hopefully if it does rain it will just be a ten minute down pour followed by red hot sunshine again!! Fingers crossed

Even if it rains for a bit its always really hot!

Adelaide
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Wow and here I was thinking getting married in Thailand would eleviate all the difficulties here but I know that just deciding where to go will be the hardest of all. I checked out Rocky's it sounds amazing! Wow what a dream! HOw did you come to the decision after all your research to go with Rocky's?

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

To be honest my decision for Rockys came quite quickly it was all the other stuff i've been researching thats taken ages like with the British Embassy, wedding dresses suitable for the beach, flights, accommodation honey moon! and all the legalities for the wedding but we've now decided to pay to use Rockys representative to help us when we're in bangkok for the legal side of things.

We also were quite fond of Zazen at Bophut and then there was all the big flashy hotels in Chaweng but we just loved the look of Rockys and sent Luke the manager/wedding co-ordinator a few emails and were really impressed with him I can foward them on to you if you like, just pm me your email.

Adelaide
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

Thank! I have just send you a message with my email address. Would be great if you can send me the details. I am getting very excited now! So the legal stuff is hard hey? I know you have to spend like 4 days in Bangkok first - is that right?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

Congratulations! I am getting married on Koh Samui on 25 Feb 08. Our wedding will be even smaller - only 4 guests (I refer to it as elopement plus). I am working through a company called Samui Villas and Homes, who rent out luxury villas in various spots around the island. They have been great! They have their own wedding planner who is organizing everything for us. We are renting out a 5-bedroom villa on the beach in Mae Nam, with private pool and villa staff. If you look up the reviews for Miskawaan Estate you can see how glowing all the TripAdvisor reviews are. Since we have a very small wedding, everyone can stay on-site. But if you wanted to have more guests, the villa management can arrange to bus people in from nearby accommodation.

The reason I wanted a private villa, vice a resort wedding, is because I went to a friend's wedding in Hua Hin at a resort. During the ceremony, which was beautiful, all these saggy old Europeans in their Speedos and bikinis crowded around to watch. So in my friend's wedding photos and video you see a lot of wrinkly skin. It was gross, and really rude of the onlookers, but that's what you get when having a wedding in a public area.

The villa is another option to consider, at least.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

Oh and by the way, as far as the legal mumbo-jumbo, the wedding planner found a company for us in Bangkok who will help us with all that for a very reasonable fee. We only need to be in Bangkok for one day! I think Brits need to be there for at least 2 days because their Embassy takes longer with the paperwork, but the American and Australian Embassies will give you the appropriate paperwork on the spot. (I know because my fiance is from Oz.) But definitely, get a service who will assist you, it's too much of a hassle to do on your own. PM me if you want the name of the company I'm using, their fees are cheaper than anyone else I've seen online.

Adelaide
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

Thanks Loads. THis is def someething else to consider. Yeah saggy, wrinkle skin would not be nice in the photos! Do you have a pool at your villa or is it on the beach. will send you my email - would be great for the name of the person you are doing legal stuff with. Wow I never realised that a forum like this would be so useful! Congrats to you too - you must be getting very excited!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

AdelaideHappiness,

I sent you an e-mail. And darn right I'm excited! Our villa has both a private saltwater swimming pool and is absolute beachfront. If you want to see photos, Google "Villa Champak." I've never seen it in person, but the pictures sure look great!

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

Hi,

im an Aussie in England are we are going through faraway weddings - secualr ceremony on beach - on Australia day this year(close!) they have been great and for 11,000 Aussie we have 32 guests and a phenomonal day planned including fireworks - I honestly can reccomend them as they have taken so much time with us,

Chris :)

10. Re: Koh Samui Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 16:19