We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only one week in Thailand!

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Only one week in Thailand!

We're getting married in Thailand in August on Ko Samui about 20 or 30 people coming over from near Manchester too, friends and family.

A couple of guests can only come out for one week!! Which I think is a bit silly going all that way for a week but thats all they want to do so......my question is what do I arrange for them for the best experience possible, they're not fussed with bangkok and would rather not move about every 2 days as its only a week but the wedding is in Lamai Ko samui, not really my favourite place, i think the town is a bit seedy but Rocky Resort there does amazing weddings so my idea was that people just had one or two nights there for the wedding and would then move on.

But as they can only come for one week i don't want them to come to Thailand after i've been raving on about how wonderful the place is to get off a plane lie on a beach and see go go bars everywhere at night!!! Agrrrrr!

Please please can anyone reccommend how to put a week together for them so they go away with atleast a little idea of how amazing Thailand is????

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only one week in Thailand!

Hi, you can do many things on samui which will keep you busy for a week.

1. Get a car, drive around Samui, stop in different places for a fruit shake or lunch, one of the best lunch (food generally)places is health resort called The Spa between Chaweng and Lamai, absolutely gorgeous food there for very cheap prices. That journey will take a day..Or optional - take a Jeep Safari excursion - good fun for all of you and you will see a lot of hidden Samui.

2. Go to Petcherat Marina (Pier in Bangrak) and take one day excursion to Anghtong Marine Park, it will be a beautiful day. Lunch is included.

3. Take a regular boat from the main pier in Bangrak to Koh Pangan in a morning and come back to Samui in evening or stay there one night if you can. Better north east or north west of the island - best the most beautiful beaches. Or to Koh Tao - equally beautiful.

4. Come and spend a day in Bophut Fisherman village on Bophut beach. It's the most upmarket area on samui full of beautiful shops, cafes, restaurants, bars...

5.Take a tour from a village called Thong Kru on south of island to the small neighbouring islands where you see Pearl farm and other interesting things.

6. Golf, Mini-Golf, Elefant trecking, scuba diving, snorkeling, etc...enough to keep you busy.

7. Relax on the beach or by the pool in hotel, you will be exhausted by then. Go out at night for the last dinner.

Hope it will be enough for your guests.

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only one week in Thailand!

Thankyou Elina thats great thankyou!

3. Re: Only one week in Thailand!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 20:20