We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

Essex,UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

It always happens to me!

I have just been notified today by our travel agents that the Amari is under going building works.

Can anyone out there tell me how bad it is please?!

We got married in Koh samui 2 years ago and 3 days before we traveled found out about building works at our hotel. It wasn't to bad they very kindly asked the building team to refrain from using their bull dozer so we could hear each other saying our vows!

We are now traveling back on the 1st May to celebrate our anniversary and I feel its all happening again!! Unsure whether to change hotels now!

Any info would be greatly received

Thanks

Espoo Finland
Level Contributor
147 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

Hi,

According to tripadvisor review March 31, the building work would be:

the Amari Reef Resort in Koh Samui will be undergoing some minor renovations while we will be staying there.

The details are:

Commencement date - 20/04/08

Expected completion date - 30/06/08

Renovations start time - 10:00 am

Renovations finish time - 17:00 pm

Detailed description of work taking place: Construction of a 2 storey Thai style building with fitness room downstairs and 2 spa treatment rooms upstairs.

Anticipated impact to guests: There will be minimal disruption to guests as no heavy equipment will be used - handheld tools only.

A high fence will be constructed around the work area so that it is not visible to guests. All hotel facilities will operate as normal.

So I think depends on which part of the resort gardens the building will take place - better to ask direct from Amari (I will do that since I will be staying there end-June).

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

Hi !

Try The Tongsai Bay ! Rated number 2 on this tripadvisor !

Cheers !

Essex,UK
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

Thanks for your help!

I'm waiting for a response from the hotel. If i get any more info I will let you know.

Essex,UK
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

Hi, I have now had a reply from the hotel:

"It is the truth that there will be a fitness room building for more convenience for guests in the future near the second pool, another side of the road, from 20th April to 30th June 08 exclusively from 10am to 5pm daily using hand held tools only. The area will be fenced off so as to ensure as little disturbance as possible.

All of us are waiting to welcome and service you here at all times"

I am now more concerned about the last sentence rather than the building work!!!!

Espoo Finland
Level Contributor
147 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

Thanks for the info.

There is actually a map at Amari's web-site for the actual location of the building work.

www.amari.com/palmreef/facilities-layout.aspx

It seems to be in one corner of the area across the road where I think most of the deluxe rooms are situated. Better to ask for a room not next to the build work. The main pool area is in the beach side part of hotel area - which is far away.

-Arska

6. Re: Building work at the Amari Palm Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 18:16