We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pregnant in koh samui??

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
pregnant in koh samui??

I will be travelling with a pregnant woman end of July - will koh Samui be safe??

England
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

It would probably be best to keep her in the hotel safe when you're out of your room.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

i dont think koh samui will care wether the womans pregnant or not!!

malton, n.yorks
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

Will Samui be safe from a pregnant woman ???

Ireland
Level Contributor
223 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

Guys you are terrible you know what I means:)

Obviously means regards the heat, mosquitoes etc no??? Or am I missing the point:)?

I haven't been yet Achryss...but Im going in 15weeks and counting!

Manchester
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

People can be so mean....Hi achryss, i'm sure she will be fine but like anything there are no promises, make all the usual precautions, dont drink tap water protect from mozzies etc etc......I would make an appointment with doctor/travel clinic/midwife and just ask their advice and if they have any tips etc before you go....if shes made the decision to travel to Thailand whilst pregnant i'm sure she will have thought have these things anyway, think of it this way there must be hundreds of women living on Ko Samui that have babies!

If it was me I would just stay out of the sun don't do much and drink lots of bottled water.

Good luck and happy travels!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

hello achryss,

pleased youve got a sense of humour, what a question.

i laughed for ages,

dont worry my daughter was 6 months preggers when we went. good advice from previous post. just up your hygiene standards and at worst an upset stomach will be all that happens wether pregnant or not.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

I just wonder how do all pregnant ex-pats and thai women who atually live in Samui survive the pregnancy? Shouldn't be that hard bearing in mind that Samui has great fresh food, yoga classes for pregnant women,nice climate and very advanced hospitals in case anything goes wrong.

koh samui
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

i'll ask my gf, 4 months along how safe she feels around these parts. considering she's thai i'm sure it's not much of an issue. she feels ok to go shopping every day so using that as a guide, i think everything is normal.

9. Re: pregnant in koh samui??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 03:19