We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
172 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

Hi Everyone,

Some of the places I've seen on Sawadee.com do not allow bookings for February 2009 which is when I'll be in Koh Samui. I'm thinking it's just too far in advance but don't know for sure. Has anyone here had the same experience? Is it just a matter of constantly checking back to see when they'll update their site? I just don't want to wait too long and then find out places have been booked up somehow. Thank you!!!

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

E mail them usm@web.co.th

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

I agree, contact direct, you can also check on Asiaoz as they offer the sawadee rates but also Asiaoz Hotel Club plus hotels2thailand, so you at least can compare some prices and see what the others offer.

http://www.asiaoz.com/thailand_hotels.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

I would say its too far in advance!

You cant blame them, with the way oil prices are going up, the rate could be double in 6 months.

den

arctica
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

Just e-mail all the required booking details to the hotel or Sawadee and ask for a price. It is not too far in advance. Many hotels have published their rates for 09 several months ago.

I e-mailed Sawadee twice last year (not Samui) and asked for a price many months before the rates at the hotels I were interested in were published. One of them refused, but the other one came back with a price that I accepted. My price also turned out to be lower than the rates they published later on.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

Hi have you used Sawadee.com before?

It's giving me better prices than the Hotel website

Is it a trusted site to book for travel to Thailand?

Thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
580 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

Have used Sawadee 4-5 times to Bangkok and Phuket.. No problems whatsoever.. Read Sawadee.com reviews on hotel/resort properties and people's usage of Sawadee.com.. They always receive excellent ratings..

Slowrunr

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

Sawadee are very good, but also compare with hotels2thailand, the good thing about sawadee is you do not have to give credit card to enquire, they only ask for details once you confirm, even then you only pay 1 night deposit and the balance 2 weeks ahead, you can access those rates and also compare with hotels2thailand, hotelclub, ratesto go and Asiaoz on the Asiaoz Thailand site I mentioned earlier. So you can choose sawadee in Thailand or Asiaoz though Sydney

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

I have been using sawadee.com for years and never had a problem.

It is a very trustworthy site so i will always use it!

Plus the info is the best with not just hotels to look at,some other sites use sawadee,s info on their sites.

I even used their pickup service in a private car from Samui airport this time as it was the same as a taxi price.(or 2 in a minibus)

Den

Cornwall
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

Hi there,

Have you thought of booking direct with the hotel you wish to visit ? I booked my hotel for February some months ago. Good luck !

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bookings Not Available on Sawadee.com

I would compare prices with sawadee.com, GoThailand.com as well as Asiarooms.com

For my 3 weeks holiday I stayed at 4 different hotels, and each site had different prices. They were all very trustworthy.