We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three weeks in thailand in january.

Tromsø, Norway
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Three weeks in thailand in january.

Hi,

I hope some of you can give me and my girlfriend some good tips about a 3 week trip to thailand..

Was thinking about flying to bangkok and then get a domestic flight from there. Maybe to Surat thani and then visit koh samui, koh panang, and koh tao..

how many days should we spend at each place?

bangkok

koh samui

koh panang

koh tao

What flight company is best and cheapest for domestic flights in thailand?

any other places we should visit.

what hotels/bungalows should we stay at? and do we have too book in advance?

1. Re: Three weeks in thailand in january.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2008, 01:19
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three weeks in thailand in january.

a week in BKK and around BKK area(Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya..just to name a few) and a fortnight around Samui, Koh Phangan and Tao Island

cheapest flight to Surat Thani is Air Asia. not too bad for just 1 hr flight.

for accom, if you could give a clue of your budget, that might help the fellow TA to give you a shortlist

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three weeks in thailand in january.

Hi there,

Bangkok airways direct to Koh Samui (50min), then it's ferries from there to Ko Phangan and Ko Tao. Lomprayah catamaran is fastest crossing to KP, about 45 min if I remember correctly.

If you look at Sawadee.com for accomodation, it might help you make up your mind about where to stay, cost etc. For KP there's a good site, phangan-guide.com giving lots of info and accomodation.

Hope this helps. B

4. Re: Three weeks in thailand in january.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 08:18