We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel choice..help

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel choice..help

hi

going to koh samui early next june (with my girl friend) and am trying to decide on a hotel. We were looking for a top notch hotel; nice modern rooms/villas, nice surroundings, good service,food etc (and not in the middle of a town we are quite happy to have a 15 min taxi ride to get somewhere) but we are finding very hard to make our minds up as there seems so much choice.

I have stayed at the santiburi before which was nice but its always nice to try somewhere different.

Our travel agent recommended the Bo Phut Resort & Spa but the sala samui also looks nice. We are looking for a good 4 star if not 5 star hotel. I have heard the tongsai bay is nice but our travel agent told us that since we are going at half term that it will be mad busy with kids/familys which put us off

any suggestions??

thanks

mark

lincs
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel choice..help

Hi , its our first trip to Samui in March and we have booked the Banana Fan Sea Resort , comes recommended from our friends who live on Koh Tao. Looks really nice, take a look......... x

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel choice..help

thanks for that; anyone have any preferences/suggestions for the bo phut compared to the sala samui????

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel choice..help

You can look at my history so I hold up my hand as a Sala Samui fan. The beach is the prettiest on Samui, the hotel is cool and not corporate and you are 10 mins one way to Chaweng and the same the other to Bophut (Fishermans Village). If it is in your budget you will not be disappointed.

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel choice..help

would you choose any particular type of room there?? does it rank among the best on the island? are there any better that you would suggest?

thanks for your help

mark

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel choice..help

The Four Seasons, the Six Senses Hideaway and the Napasai are arguable 'better' than Sala Samui - certainly pricier - but I would still recommend Sala Samui. Rooms are all nice so personal choice but the pool villas are most private and nearer the beach / restaurant so shorter walk.

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel choice..help

thanks for that......guess what the travel agent i'm useing (trailfinders) dont seem to have it on their brochure any suggestions on a web site that gives good rates and is reliable?

thanks again for your help

mark

Ireland
Level Contributor
916 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel choice..help

Hi Mark,

We use www.sawade.com for accomodation. You can check availability before having to enter credit card details, unlike some other sites. B

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel choice..help

You can book Sala Samui direct on their website, I have just done this for accommodation in March 09.

They respond to every email and question very quickl.

Portlaoise, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel choice..help

eas this not more expensive than going via a hotel web site? asia rooms? etc?

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel choice..help

Why don't you just check different websites and compare? It's different in different cases.