We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Resort Sareeraya

Sydney
Level Contributor
188 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
New Resort Sareeraya

Hi

I am looking to book at the Sareeraya in July. The resort is relatively new, opening in December 2008. There have been no reviews posted on trip advisor as of yet. I was wondering if anyone has either stayed there or knows much about it? I will be travelling with my wife and children.

Sareeraya is located at the northern end of Chaweng Beach. Its between Muang Kulaypan Hotel & Tango Beach Resort. Can someone tell what the beach is like around there?

Also in regards to the location is there many restaurants and shops around there? Is there any construction work going on also?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stuttgart
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Just back from Samui, passed by Sareeraya, already fully completed and operational....

Pete

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Isn`t the best part of Chaweng Beach but is ok & if Sareeraya is the resort you`ve chosen then go for it.There is no shortage of restaurants & shops within walking distance

Sydney
Level Contributor
188 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Hi Jamie

Can you recommend some high end resorts or private villas in the right part of Chaweng Beach

Newcastle N S W
Level Contributor
920 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Hi

In my opinion the southern end of Chaweng Beach is the best part.You might look at Centara Grand & Buri Rasa as couple of places worth staying which are situated there.

The southern end has some nice restaurants,shopping & entertainment options & is only a 15 min stroll or a 5 min songtaew ride to the centre of Chaweng if you really wish to get among the action.

Hope this helps

Jamie

www.jamiesamui.com

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Hi Jamie

Just wondering if Sareeraya was in walking distance to the main part of chaweng? I loved the whole night atmosphere in Chaweng around where Ark Bar is, could you walk to and from at night? Wouldnt mind a 20 minute walk along the beach...Thankyou! :)

Wales
Level Contributor
583 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

You can walk along the beach to the Ark bar from the

Sareeraya. I would say about 10-15 mins or so.It's not too far.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Thank you! Do you think its still a nice part of the beach in front of sareeraya? We stayed at buri rasa last time which was lovely but thought we would try something else. tossing up between centara grand and sareeraya for Jan 2010....which do you think is better location wise?

thanks so much for your help! :)

Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Having just got back from spending 10 nights at Sareeraya and having visited friends and Centara Grand, i have to say Sareeraya wins hands down.

A lot newer and a lot nicer, but also a lot smaller but the beach isn't as nicer as down at centara at this time of the year because of the extremly low tides but in january it is meant to be a lot better as the seas get quite rough down near centara.

It takes about 15 mins to walk to the ark bar from Sareeraya and would be closer than the centara.

Overall i would recomend Sareeraya to anyone it is an awesome place to stay and will be heading back there again for sure.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

Awesome! Looks like its the winner! We are doing quite a budget trip through Vietnam, bali, and phi phi before hand for 3 weeks to make sure we see some of the more “authentic” parts/experiences so the koh samui bit was going to be our “luxury treat.” Let me know if u have any pictures/going to be posting a review. Thanks for your help, appreciate it! :)

10. Re: New Resort Sareeraya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 05:23