We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to stay in Ko Samui? Bo Phut vs. Meridien vs...

New York, NY
5 posts
Save Topic
Nice place to stay in Ko Samui? Bo Phut vs. Meridien vs...

I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on where to stay in Samui in January.

We want to stay some place really nice (but without totally breaking the bank).

- Does anyone have any experience with Bo Phut? That seems like a really good value for what it is (and we can get a full Beachfront villa with a jacuzzi for the price of a room elsewhere)

- I am also looking at the Sila Evason (where I have found a special discounted rate), but am somewhat nervous about some of the reviews we have seen

Also, any thoughts on Samui vs. Phuket?

Thanks!

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice place to stay in Ko Samui? Bo Phut vs. Meridien vs...

Hey, I've just got back from Samui... we went to Bo Phut as we were told its a beautiful place to see - it is (as are lots of places!) but it is VERY quiet and small!! However its easy to get around with taxis/scooters so its not hard to get to other places, so it may be worth staying there for the beachfront villa and use it as a base to see the rest of the island...

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place to stay in Ko Samui? Bo Phut vs. Meridien vs...

Hi jschwa,

Can I ask where you found the special rates for Sila Evasion?

Many thanks ;-)

UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice place to stay in Ko Samui? Bo Phut vs. Meridien vs...

Hi,

We stayed at the Sila Evason for our honeymoon in Aug 05. We absolutely loved it. Its really difficult to listen to the reviews posted on here because everyone wants something different, especially from 5 star hotels. We went to Singapore first and spend 4 days rushing around the city to see as much as possible. Then we wanted to totally relax so booked the Sila Evason and we got exactly we wanted surrounded in rustic luxury. Make sure you try to get a pool villa as I have to agree with some posts that the hideaway villas are not as private. Villa 25 comes highly recommended with an outside daybed by the pool!! I have written a review on the Sila Evason and attached views from our villa - take a look they were/are stunning!

We thought the Sila Evason was fantastic - but thats just our opinion. Theres no guarantee you will but I cannot see how not.

Hope this helps.

John

Bangkok
Level Contributor
420 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice place to stay in Ko Samui? Bo Phut vs. Meridien vs...

Agree with JohnandAmy !!!

Evason Hideaway worth every penny you pay.

How do you make decision, value for money (mainly price??)

If so, take Bo Phut. I recommend Bo Phut over Sala Samui on the same price range. Beach front villa at Bo Phut with jacuzzi has much less privacy comparing to the pool villa located inside with no sea-view. Meridien is an old and dated resort with no renovation.

Sila Evason Hideaway is much better place to stay. Some villa has less privacy due to not enough height trees. Space for each villa and public area are much nicer comparing to its competitors.

I give value to the hotel provide enough space and privacy, not so crowded and charge lower price to attract customer without seeing the real space provided.