We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon resort in koh samui

n ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon resort in koh samui

Hi,

I am planning on travelling to koh samui in January for oiur honeymoon, would greatly appreciate any advice on where to stay! I have read so many reviews etc that i'm more confused than when I started!

We are both 27 so want somewhere that is close to bars, restaurants etc...so far the Chewang area seems to be the favourite for this and I have looked into Nora beach and Amari.

However another requirement is amazing sea views so we want somewhwere that we can have real luxury (bath on balcony etc etc ) gorgeous views (so on the beach) but the hotels in CHewang don't seem to be as good as the ones toward Bophut like Tongsai etc.

So at the minute i'm not sure what to do....wold we better going for luxury hotel and getting taxi in and out of chewang every evening? would this be expensive?

any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated

thanks

steph

NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
296 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon resort in koh samui

Hi

We had Pool Villa at Bandara and found it very romantic.They are private with a outdoor day bed,plunge pool,sun loungers and to top it off at the other end a walled out door bathroom with rain shower,Large bath in a jungle setting with vines hanging down.Take some candals and have a romantic bath.Get room service and you will not want to leave.We also stayed at Centara Resort on Chawang which is the better Beach.Both are easy walk to other dineing options.

Resorts with Pool Villas even if it was only for a couple of nights.

Bandara Resort

Bo Phut Resort

Sala Samui

Centara Grand Beach

Regards

KIWIKEITH

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon resort in koh samui

eventhough we didnt like it as our boys got bored, the

Chaba Cabana is a perfect honeymoon hotel, very quiet no kids (when we where there anyway) and they also have 2 Villas oberlooking the beach

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon resort in koh samui

Steph, how long are you on the island for? Samui has lots of wonderful hotels but there is not one perfect one. My suggestion is to split your holiday into 2 or even 3 destinations and get a full flavour of the island. It is small and transfers are very easy so it is just a (slight) packing issue. A three centre could be ideal. If this idea is of interest PM me.

4. Re: Honeymoon resort in koh samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:17