We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
123 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

Hi,

I am considering spending 4 nights, 5 days in Koh Samui in early November 2009 while I am on my honeymoon in Thailand.

Could someone suggest a good beach to stay on in Koh Samui? Something quiet and elegant but not necessarily super expensive. I am looking at a hotel which has sea facing rooms, preferably.

Also, which is the best beach to stay in at Koh Samui? We want a convenient location which is not too far away from the entertainment and shopping places in Koh Samui.

Would appreciate suggestions from you all...Thanks a ton

Cheers

Purple

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

Best beach is Chaweng and lamai Both are same But little Diffrence. thats it may you can spend 2 nights in 1 beach and remaining in other beach......

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

Firstly you could be fine but early November is the high rainy season here. It will be warm but might be wet.

Best beach is subjective and for a honeymoon best hotel may be a better point of view however IMHO Choeng Mon Beach is a delight and has hotels of all rates so have a look.

There are opportunities for you as Langham Place is opening in November on Lamai beach and has soft opening rates. Zazen on Bophut also may have last minute terms and will be very romantic.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

Choengmon will be definitely number 1 choice, it's quiet enough, very beautiful, water is clear and sand is soft, but it is still close enough to Chaweng and Bophut. Lamai is well known for being great for single guys looking for adventures, Chaweng is too busy and sleazy, better just to come there at night to eat, to shop and then go back to your place. IMHO.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
123 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

Thank you all for your valuable inputs...so Choeng Mon is it. Any particular hotels here that you would recommend?

Thanks

Purple

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

I would recommend Sandalwood Villas. They are located between the 2 main towns, Chewang & Lamai, up on a hill, beautiful views of the ocean and view of Chewang and surrounding islands, but still quiet and relaxing. Villas are very private, very good for honeymooners. The villa prices vary, I would recommend the Malee Villa. We stayed there for our honeymoon earlier in the year and loved it.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

In Choengmon - Sala, White House,Imperial Boathouse, Honey Cottages. All are good.

Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

I am also thinking of same thing but in Dec.will it be still rainy at that time? is the langham lamai finished? dont want tobe on a construction site!what about the Pavilions at lamai anygood?

8. Re: What's the best beach to stay in Koh Samui for honeymooners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 06:18