We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muang Samui Villas & Suites - any locals have info?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Muang Samui Villas & Suites - any locals have info?

Hi

I haven't been able to find too much info on this hotel. Seems it is opening in November. Has anybody who lives/recently visited Samui seen the progress?

Is the hotel looking good and in a good location (close to restaurants etc)?

Thanks for the help!

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Battambang, Cambodia
Level Contributor
208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muang Samui Villas & Suites - any locals have info?

Hi, i live about 300yds from the site, and yes a great location on the prettiest beach on the island, however no way will it be finished next month. they do have the pool and pool restaurant fully open and good food, but the whole reception area is still a building site and as they have been building it for over 2 years now i wouldn't like to guess how much longer. It will be a great hotel when it opens though.

Jonno

Brisbane
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muang Samui Villas & Suites - any locals have info?

Thanks Jonno.

We are looking to book for Jan but sounds like it may not be 100% finished by then either?

Is it in a good spot - restaurants to walk to etc?

Thanks for your help.

Kelly.

Battambang, Cambodia
Level Contributor
208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muang Samui Villas & Suites - any locals have info?

Hi, yes it is in a great spot, quiet beach not sure if you have kids but nice calm waters, and about a dozen little restaurants either on the beach or main street. only 15 mins taxi from either Fishermans village or In Your Face Chaweng.

Ready in January,,,,i am no builder but i would say no,,as we have monsoon season upon us until mid Dec.

Not sure your budget but take a look at Sala Samui 5* or The Imperial Boathouse 3* both on same beach.

need anymore just shout..

Jonno

Mentioned in this post
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach Resort
SALA Samui Chaweng Beach...
88 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
4. Re: Muang Samui Villas & Suites - any locals have info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 06:18