We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

My wife and I were ready to book the Santiburi but I see the Beach at the Santiburi is steep and it gets really deep just a few feet after stepping into the water.

Is there a 5-Star resort on the island with the absolute perfect beach?

A Quiet, sandy beach (not rocky or muddy) is ideal.

Thanks!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

Baan Taling Ngam resort? Maybe too quiet, but great resort and really beautiful.

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

Thanks for your reply, I researched Baan Taling Ngam and the hotel looks great, but the beach is rocky with coral.

Any other recommendations?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

I personally don't think Koh Samui has any great beaches. If you want a really beautiful beach in Thailand with a 5 Star resort look at The Racha.

http://www.theracha.com/

Mentioned in this post
New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

Aussie, thanks for your advise: We just researched Racha and it does have a beautiful beach, its exactly what we are dreaming off but its approx $800 US per night and according to the reviews there are hundreds of tourists arriving by boat and crowd the beach during the day Maybe this is a new problem...?

We would consider this area or another island if there are no great beaches on Koh Samui but I am surprised Samui cannot offer anything.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

The time of your visit determines the price and also the beach the day trippers arrive on. If you are looking at May - Oct day trippers arrive on the opposite side of the island to the resort. We have only been in June and September so never had a problem with crowds. Also we book the Grand pool Suite and have not paid much more than $600 per night, we also book a basic room/rooms and these you can get stay pay deals and should not have to pay more than $200 per night. They are still beautiful rooms. Things may be more expensive this year as up till now thing have been going well for Phuket. Hopefully the red shirts will not affect tourism too much.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

Thanks again Aussie, we are planning to arrive April 7 and depart April 17.

What do you think is the best beach on Samui?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

South Chaweng - try the Library

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

Only other thought would Sala Samui or Muang Samui - beach nice perhaps not as nice as South Chaweng but beautiful resorts.

London
Level Contributor
335 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

Choeng Mon beach sounds ideal for you, and the Sala Samui. The beach frontage for Sala Samui is rocky underwater but if you enter the water about 50m to the right, the beach gently shelves down in to the water and you can walk out and pick your depth.

Choeng Mon is a beautiful sandy, quiet beach.

New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for 5-Star Resort and the Perfect Beach?

Besides Sala Samui and Muang Samui, is there anything else on Choeng Mon?

We are seriously considering the Library but reviews say its not the type of beach to lounge/sleep on because its too busy and vendors constantly bother you. Is this true?