We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

Hello guys,

I read few thread and I am bit confused in deciding my honeymoon hotel/resort. Please help me out.

My requirements -

1. Nice 4/5 star resort/hotel which have nice beach view.

2. June last week 2010

3. 6 nights

4. we both are not swimmers, but we enjoy hanging out at beach/pool.

5. I am not sure about the budget as in how much I should spend, but from my side I guess I can spend max 4000-6000THB per night(but it always depends on services of the resort/hotel)

6. If we get own pool then its perfect.

Please help me to decide the location and hotel/resort.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

Sala Samui, Saree Samui and Zazen would all be a good choice, but budget maybe a little shy.

You could look at Muang Kulaypan at the north end of Chaweng. Stylish with plenty of space.

I think you will struggle to get the 5 star in perfect location and private pool for the budget - something may have to be compromised.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

If you want - have a look in my personal blog about my recommendations for honeymoon hotels myhomekohsamui.com/2010/02/honeymoon-hotels.… - I have 6 pages there, look on February Blog Archive.

London
Level Contributor
374 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

Elements on the south side of the island is within your budget. We're staying there at the end of June. Has mostly good reviews on tripadvisor. Depending on what you're looking for (peace and quiet vs lots of action) may be suitable.

http://www.elements-koh-samui.com/index.php

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

Thanks guys for your help.

It seems Elements Boutique Resort & Spa has more negative views :(

So I am bit reluctant. Any other good options?

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

Currently at Tongsai Bay in Koh Samui and have just posted a review. It would be a perfect spot for a honeymoon. Its laid back and relaxed with high quality and sizeable accomodation. The beach is private yet just 10 minutes walk from Chong Mon with its many bars and bistros or a short taxi ride to Bhoput and Chaweng. The staff will spoil you rotten as they seem to be doing to the honeymooners that are currently here. The hotel was voted in the top 20 most romantic hotels in the world in 2009 by Trip advisor.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

Your budget is not huge for Samui and I think the Tongsai will be out of reach. You kind of have a choice -stretch your budget a bit and go to the minimum room in somewhere like Sala Samui or look at a more boutique option (like Elements) and get a better room. Look at Le Scent (previously KarmaKamet). An idea might be to have a two centre holiday - Samui is tiny so you could stay in one place for three nights and chill then move somewhere a bit more lively for your last three days. You could mix up your budget too and have three cheap days and three expensive ones? www.asiarooms.com has (apparently but watch for taxes and decent room) some great deals for June.

7. Re: Honeymoon hotel/resort : June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 05:17