We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing

We'll be in Samui early january and my husband would like to go fishing.

3 questions:

(1) is this a good time to go fishing;

(2) can anyone recommend someone to take us;

(3) what can we expect to pay?

We went deep sea fishing in the caribbean last February, paid a lot of money and did't catch anything, which was very disappointing. Don't want to repeat this mistake twice!

NW England
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

I will be in Krabi (Ao Nang) from the 19th of Jan and I would also like to know of any good fishing opportunities (and prices).

I have my own boat in the UK and enjoy sport fishing - ie fishing light and catch and release.

I would be particularly interested in the smaller game fish (say up to 50kg) where I could use lightish tackle and enjoy the experience, rather than use a winch to drag a beautiful sporting fish to the side of the boat. A 5kg tuna on 5kg tackle would be some experience.

My best fish so far ar 50kg blue shark on 12kg class tackle and a 90kg skate on 9kg class tackle - both tagged and released.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

have a look at www.faraway.co.th follow the link "activities" and then watersports. You will find info on fishing and a link to an operator. Prices look much cheaper than other destinations I have been to.

As for the time of year im not sure. you will have to rely on what you are advised out there I guess!