We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Palm Reef or Nora Buri resort in Koh Samui?

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Amari Palm Reef or Nora Buri resort in Koh Samui?

We are honeymooners and we are looking for a romantic a bit luxurious place with a wonderful beach in front of the hotel!and we are between those 2 hotels.any recommendations?

Level Contributor
1,222 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari Palm Reef or Nora Buri resort in Koh Samui?

Dear Samong.

Bob calling from Australia..Do not stay at the Amari Palm Reef Resort. Although the resort itself is very nice, the beach out the front for swimming is very poor. I cannot comment about the Nora Buri resort, however any resorts up and around the Amari area are not the best beaches for swimming.

One however, I would definately recommend for you guys is the CENTARA GRAND RESORT further south along the beach in Chaweng. The resort is 1st class set on the best part of the beach where the water is beautiful. Check it out on the net??????

Regards Bob.

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amari Palm Reef or Nora Buri resort in Koh Samui?

What about Dara Samui? If I went back I would probably stay there. We stayed at the Amari which was okay but I have stayed at better. One of the pools was not clean enough for swimming. They are changing the system and something had gone wrong. management were trying to pretend it was okay but we know a bit about pool maintenance and so we would not risk it

Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Amari Palm Reef or Nora Buri resort in Koh Samui?

We are just back from our honeymoon (3 weeks touring Thailand). Our last 5 dyas included staying at the Amari Palm Reef Resort in Chaweng. I can fully recommend it. It was a top notch hotel with superb facilities. The breakfast buffet was exceptional.. the staff were terrific and the modern decor, main pool area was great. The slight reservation we would have was the beach... it was nice, in a good area, however the water was static, unlike further towards the town. This meant that it was warm but a little dirty. We just stuck to the pool for swimming.

The Amari will give you comp champers, honeymoon cakes and put rose petels in heart shape on your bed, bath and sink for your arrival which was nice. They also will offer you half price offers at the restaurant and spa as part of your honeymoon package. (We availed of both!)

Have a great honeymoon.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amari Palm Reef or Nora Buri resort in Koh Samui?

I'd go for the Amari. The beach quality is pretty much the same (nice) for both properties, but the location of the Amari is much better. It's on the quiet end of Chaweng but you can easily walk into town. For the Nora you'd always have to take a taxi to get anywhere, which is really expensive on the island.

Enjoy the Amari and have a great honeymoon!

5. Re: Amari Palm Reef or Nora Buri resort in Koh Samui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 05:17