We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Koh Samui

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Koh Samui

We are a family of 6 - 2 adults and 4 chn aged 11 to 17. We are going to Koh samui July 2011 for a week. We are quite keen on Amari Palm Reef Resort. Has anybody got any thoughts on this or are there better options? Has anybody stayed at Kandaburi? Thanks. Kate

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Koh Samui

Amari is very good and better than Kandaburi.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Koh Samui

Thanks Elina 70 confirms what we thought.Any other recommendations in that range?Kate

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Koh Samui

the centara grand is more family orientated. have a look. I went there to check it out after being disapointed with Amari. wished I'd booked here.

Amari more for couples. not much in the way of childrens activities. and as per my post on this resort not worth the money. I'd look elsewhere.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Koh Samui

Each to their own, I guess.

I am a fan of the Amari.

We have stayed several times with our kids, although they are younger than yours.

Looking at the age of your kids, I would have thought that the Amari will suit you perfectly. Both Amari and the Centara are great hotels. I find the Amari more personal, a little more friendly and generally a bit more laid back. The Centara is very smart looking, but I felt it was a little more serene than the Amari. This just means that we are more relaxed about our kids making a little noise in the pool. We've always found that there are loads of other kids for them to mix with, so it's always worked out well for us.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Koh Samui

How many rooms do you need? 2 or 3? If it is over 2, you are better off renting a villa. You can PM me if you need recommendation. Amari has a great pizza/Italian restaurant called Prego.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Koh Samui

How many rooms do you need? 2 or 3? If it is over 2, you are better off renting a villa. You can PM me if you need recommendation. Amari has a great pizza/Italian restaurant called Prego.

7. Re: Accommodation in Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:55