We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we go next time please??

westyorks
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where should we go next time please??

Hi just wondered if any of you Thailand lovers can assist with some reccommendations for our next trip.

In 2009 we stayed at the Kantary Bay at Cape Panwa and loved the fact that it was quiet and nowhere near Patong which is our idea of hell! Last year we visited Koh Samui and found the Samui Pier Resort in Bophut which was just about the right level of 'busy', on a quiet beach.

We would like to return to Thailand and are looking for a relaxing place, either an island or small resort on the mainland, with excellent food. We dont like girlie bars, children, and noise! Oh and we dont have a high-end spa resort/'Maldives' budget.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we go next time please??

Don,t like children ?

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we go next time please??

I suggest that you don't go anywhere near the Amari then; I'll be there with.............2 children!

London, England
Level Contributor
42 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we go next time please??

It might be a little bit above your budget, but if you want to go back to Koh Samui, then I think that Zazen might be your sort of hotel.

We're going there ourselves next month. I picked it as it was recommended by someone on here. It also has fantastic reviews, is off the main tourist path and (also v important for us) seems to be aimed at couples rather than families.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should we go next time please??

What about Khao Lak

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should we go next time please??

The sheraton in Krabi might suit you but only if you don't like swimming as there's too many rocks in the sea to swim.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should we go next time please??

I'll root for AussieAnge's answer: Khao Lak.

7. Re: Where should we go next time please??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 06:22