We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flooding...situation on Koh Chang, Koh Tao??

Ljubljana
4 posts
Save Topic
Flooding...situation on Koh Chang, Koh Tao??

Hi, currently in Ayuthaya on our way south from the north. We wanted to go to Koh Tao an Ko Pha Ngan, but after we heard of the floods we decide to try Ko Chang. But here in Ayuthaya we heard that Ko Chang got really crowded now (due to the floods in the south) and that you cant get a room for less than 3000baht per night! As we are a young couple we cant afford that! (more willing to spend 500-1000 baht max!)

Please can anybody advise us quickly as we want to move today! Maybe better to try Koh Tao anyway, what are train/bus connection to Chumpon? Back to normal?

Thank you very much!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flooding...situation on Koh Chang, Koh Tao??

Last I heard there was no land transport south of Chumphon due to the floods, but they may have changed. Why not head to the islands in Trang? No problems there if you fly.

Chai Chet, Klong...
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flooding...situation on Koh Chang, Koh Tao??

no flooding yet on Koh Chang (Trat) that's for sure, in fact we've had some nice sunny weather since the cold snap of last week. And, you will find rooms in your price bracket, but KC will become quite busy next week for Songkran.

Rochester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Flooding...situation on Koh Chang, Koh Tao??

hi people, me and my girlfriend are heading out to bangkok saturday. we are wanting to fly out to some of the islands any ideas where we can go that hasnt been flooded? nice islands, parties etc....

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flooding...situation on Koh Chang, Koh Tao??

speaking of Koh Tao.....while in Samui, i wanted to book a snorkelling trip to the little island...is it worth it? are they still on?

5. Re: Flooding...situation on Koh Chang, Koh Tao??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 03:18